Hi Hui,

> I am not convinced why vendor need implement two security mechanism to
> one product,
> just because the second one need some market to use it.

Unfortunately, protocol classification is more granular than that.
You don't identify one protocol as "security protocol" and make it serve all
security related purposes: access authentication, IPsec SA establishment,
transport-layer security, application-layer security, mobility signaling
security, etc. etc. Obviously, you need several distinct protocols for these
things.

So, saying we have IKEv2, and we'll twist and turn it into some other
protocol for some other purpose may make sense when you are looking at
things from within the box (that implements IKEv2), but it does not make
sense when you are looking from outside the box (like from IETF
perspective).

Your proposal is for turning IKEv2 into an EAP transport for generic network
access authentication. It requires taking some stuff out, twisting some
stuff, and adding stuff. It's technically doable, but "IETF" needs to be
convinced why it needs to reinvent PANA by taking IKEv2 as the baseline.

Alper