From: ipsec-boun...@ietf.org [mailto:ipsec-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of
Valery Smyslov
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:35 AM
To: Yaron Sheffer; Paul Hoffman; Tero Kivinen; ipsec@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Notify types, was: RE: Review of rest of
draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2 (section 2.23.1 forward)

Hi,

I also agree with Tero and Yaron. It's better to have all defined
notifications listed in one table.
In this case the paragraph immediately preceeding the table must be changed
from:

   The values in the following table are only current as of the
   publication date of RFC 4306.  Other values may have been added since
   then or will be added after the publication of this document.
   Readers should refer to [IKEV2IANA] for the latest values.

to something like:

   The values in the following table are only current as of the
   publication date of this document.  Other values may have been added
   since then. Readers should refer to [IKEV2IANA] for the latest values.

By the way, section 6 (IANA Considerations) contains typo:

   [IKEV2] defined many field types and values.  IANA has already
   registered those types and values in [IKEV2IANA], so the are not

      ^^^^
   listed here again.

Regards,
Valery Smyslov.

> I agree with Tero, regardless of the discussion we had on where to put the
tables etc., the document needs to be internally consistent. So we should
add the new notify types that we're defining in *this* document to the
notify types table. Luckily there aren't many.

> Thanks,
> Yaron

> Section "3.10.1.  Notify Message Types" should include:
>

>    TEMPORARY_FAILURE {TBA1}
>        See section 2.25.
>
>    CHILD_SA_NOT_FOUND {TBA2}
>        See section 2.25.
>
> [[ Response: Can't do that: the WG decided we have to leave the tables
with the values defined in RFC 4306. Those two are, of course, listed in the
IANA considerations. ]]