- The RADIUS protocol is really out of scope for this document, so we won't
discuss its details, but in any case, eventually this AAA server returns an EAP
success and RADIUS access-accept.  Now we have two possibilites:

 #1) The AAA server passed an authenticated identity, perhaps
UID=ynir,OU=People,O=intranet,DC=checkpoint,DC=com. (No, I don't know why I
work for the "intranet" organization). In this case, the IKE responder will
enforce policy according to what the PAD and SPD say about this identity. Where
this policy comes from does not matter - maybe it's also passed from the AAA
server, maybe it's specially configured and maybe it's stored on the LDAP
server. How IKE gets its policy is out of scope while we're discussing IKEv2bis.

 #2) The AAA server did not pass an authenticated identity. In this case, the
authenticated identity is exactly what you had in the ID payload. If this is
"ynir", than we can expect the IKE responder to have policy based on this name.
If it's "@checkpoint.com" - a name that everybody uses, then either the policy
is the same for all defined users (a valid policy and very common) or you have
a misconfiguration here - the combination of obfuscated identity and an AAA
server that does not provide the authenticated identity is a configuration
mistake, and it's entirely correct for the IKE responder to treat packets from
this user as if they come from an unauthenticated source (in our product - only
firewall rules apply)

I don't think this behavior is specified anywhere, but to me it's just the
obvious thing for an IKE responder to do.