At 6:34 PM +0300 4/12/10, Yaron Sheffer wrote:
>there was some off-line discussion on whether the mutual-EAP auth draft
>should explicitly list the EAP methods that work, securely, with this
>extension. I now tend to say no, and to remove this list (and IANA
>registry) from the next document rev.

The list is not just "methods we like" but also "methods that are known to have
the properties that are required to be safe here, because some other methods
don't have those properties".

A different proposal would be to leave the list in as "the authors think that
these methods (and likely others) should be considered as safe", but not to
have the IANA registry, letting developers pick what to include (including
known-unsafe ones).

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium