In this case we are effectively building an NBMA tunnel cloud. I.e. A bunch of
spoke nodes connected to one or more interconnected hubs.  Using NHRP to find
end-points in order to build the cross tunnels makes sense.  Once you have used
NHRP to find the endpoint then you can use IKE/IPsec to protect/encrypt the
tunnel.  This leaves IKE/IPsec the clear roll of protecting the tunnels (data)
without having to complicate it with a mechanism to find end-points.  You get a
clean separation of roles and layers.

Mike.