Hi all.

The discussion has died down a bit, so I thought I'd chime in with proposed
charter text. What do people think of the following?  The first paragraph is
taken from Steve's email of 18-Nov.

Yoav

In an environment with many IPsec gateways and remote clients that share an
established trust infrastructure (in a single administrative domain or across
multiple domains), customers want to get on-demand mesh IPsec capability for
efficiency. However, this cannot be feasibly accomplished only with today's
IPsec and IKE due to problems with address lookup, reachability, policy
configuration, etc.

The IPsecME working group will handle this large scale VPN problem by
delivering the following:

* The working group will create a problem statement document including use
cases, definitions and proper requirements for discovery and updates. This
document would be solution-agnostic. Should reach WG last call around October
2012.

* The working group will review and help publish Informational documents
describing current vendor proprietary solutions. These should be ready for IETF
last call by August 2012.

* The working group will choose a common solution for the discovery and update
problems that will satisfy the requirements in the problem statement document.
The working group may consider multiple proposals, and then choose one to bring
to the standards track.