Dear Dharmanandana,

Thank you for your clarification.

Yes, as YinXing's understanding, once the FAP and SeGW are mutually
authenticated, the SeGW will then notarize the info that was provided by
FAP (in Client_Notarized_Info) into a form of signature, and the signature
will then be fed back to the FAP.

In the Femto architecture, there is a direct interface between the FAP and
the Mobile Core Network.  The signaling path between the FAP and the
Mobile Core Network is protected by the IPsec tunnel that was established
between the FAP and SeGW.

The FAP will then imbedded the SeGW's notarized signature into FAP
signaling communication with the Mobile Core Network of which the
signaling is part of the IPSec payload.  Hence, it is totally transparent
to the SeGW.  The notarized signature is just containing some FAP's
specific configuration info - i.e. NOT every single packet between the FAP
and the Mobile Core Network will be notarized.  It is a very small
specific configuration info regarding to FAP which is specific to the
particular mobile technology (i.e. 3GPP, 3GPP2, WiMAX etc.) and the
corresponding mobile operator.

Hoping that I was able to answer your question clearly.

As ZaiFeng is back from her holiday.  I will leave the rest of further
question back to her.

Sincerely thanks for your kind attention to this draft. Cheers.
Tricci

Dharmanandana Reddy Pothula <dharmanandana.pothu...@huawei.com>
Sent by: ipsec-boun...@ietf.org
01/31/2012 02:43 AM
Please respond to
dharmanandana.pothu...@huawei.com

t...@zteusa.com
cc
ipsec@ietf.org, ipsec-boun...@ietf.org, zong.zaif...@zte.com.cn
Subject
Re: [IPsec] [IPSec]: New Version Notification for
draft-zong-ipsecme-ikev2-cpext4femto-00.txt

Hi Tricci,

Thanks for your explanation. I get your point why notarized signature
required, but my question is not about notarizing every packet. Let me ask
my question in different way, Is FAP sends notarized signature in every
IPSec packet to core network? As I understand from the draft that before
accepting every IPSec packet, core network validate the notarized
signature. Where is this notarized signature placed in every IPSec packet?
Thanks,
Dharmanandana Reddy Pothula