Hi.

I think it should be more complicated than this. The suggested solution has a
dichotomy of either a full mesh or a start topology. The requirements should
cover scenarios such as a mesh within an organization connecting to a hub to
gateways outside the organization, or multiple hubs connected among themselves
in either a star or a mesh, or even certain "routes" that are manually
configured along with all the auto-discovery stuff.

Perhaps we can capture the needed complexity by talking about groups of nodes,
where nodes that belong to a single group attempt to create a mesh among them,
and packets can travel between nodes that do not belong to the same group
through group intersection. I'm not sure if this level of detail is part of the
problem statement, but it's more high level than a solution.