Hi Vishwas, Yoav,

Check Point (IIRC) supports "communities" of IPsec endpoints, arranged either as a star or a full mesh. This is nice and simple to configure but obviously does not cover all use cases. Some networks cannot be represented either as a full mesh or as a simple star.

Trying to shoehorn the more complex networks into "star of meshes" or "mesh of stars" topologies would not solve the general problem either, and instead would complicate things greatly by having to deal with multi-layer routes.

So stars and full meshes are OK as common use cases. But as/when we move into requirements, I would suggest that we abandon them in favor of generic networks/graphs of IPsec endpoints. And implicitly, generic routing within such networks.

Thanks,
        Yaron