Hi Johannes,

On Fri, November 30, 2012 4:11 am, Johannes Merkle wrote:
> We have submitted a new revision of the Internet Draft on
> Using the ECC Brainpool Curves (defined in RFC 5639) for IKEv2 Key
> Exchange
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merkle-ikev2-ke-brainpool/
>
> Since there was considerable objection to the point compression method in
> the WG, we have removed this option altogether
> and define only the uncompressed KE payload format, which is in full
> accordance with RFC 5903.
>

> Any feedback is welcome.

  I see that there is a requirement that an implementation MUST verify
that the D-H common value is not the point-at-infinity. Do you think
there should also be a requirement that an implementation MUST verify
that the x- and y-coordinates received from a peer satisfy the equation
of the negotiated curve (and abort the exchange if not)?

  regards,

  Dan.