Hi David and Wajdi,

Your updated ESP/AH algorithm doc looks great, and is very much needed. I just
have one comment. You speak of the 2 services provided by ESP and AH as
confidentiality and "data origin authentication." As I'm sure you know,
authentication is used in different ways by different communities. I believe
that in most of the IPsec docs the 1st service is referred to interchangeably
as encryption and confidentiality; the 2nd service is interchangeably referred
to as authentication and integrity protection. However, in RFC 4303 (ESP) it
states: "Data origin authentication and connectionless integrity are joint
services, hereafter referred to jointly as "integrity"." In your doc, the
integrity-protection aspect is not mentioned at all, and I believe that is a
critical oversight.

Sheila Frankel