Sheila,

I understood your point. I objected to your statement that other IPsec RFC were
sloppy in the use of security service/mechanism terminology.

Steve

Steve,

Perhaps I wasn't clear in the main thrust of my message. I'm not quibbling
about terminology; I'm concerned that the I-D is lacking some vital
information. The I-D discusses 2 services provided by ESP and AH:
confidentiality and data origin authentication. My point was that the 2nd
service includes connectionless integrity protection as well - which is not
identical to data origin authentication - and therefore integrity protection
should be mentioned in the I-D.

Sheila