[DB] Yes (and I'm sorry if I did not use the IPSec terminology, (is it "secret
value"?))

> I guess I recall that there are some implementations which calculate
> their g^x/g^y, and cache that for many DH operations.

[DB] The implementation would also cache its secret value x (or y).

> Is the the point here is that this is safe if we do these tests.

[DB]  Yes, that is the point.

I gather the document's motivation was unclear to you.  Were the document's
specified actions also unclear to you?

Could you suggest a specific clarification to the document that would correct
what made it unclear to you?

The document reads clearly to me, but its topic is already quite familiar to me.

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.