Hi Paul,

Regarding your second point, I would like to avoid feature creep in this document. So unless there's a real good reason to add text (e.g. a new security requirement) I would suggest not to do it. More specifically, since this is a matter of local policy and implementations differ, we could debate it forever and for little gain.

Thanks,
        Yaron

On 2013-10-17 17:13, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Tero Kivinen wrote:

I made new version of the RFC5996bis (yes, I am more than month too
late from my original time-estimate).

This version removes the Raw RSA public keys

Is that the old version that would be obsoleted by
draft-kivinen-ipsecme-oob-pubkey that no one implemented?

While updating the retransmit timers in libreswan, I found no useful
information in 5996. Is that something we could add? I know it is
local policy but perhaps it would be good to add some guidance for
implementors. Do people use sub-second retries? exponential backoff?
How do people deal with slow wakeup stacks (eg 3G) and preventing of
firsts of duplicate first packets?

Paul