Hi

I think this document is ready.

A quick glance at the tables in section two lead me to ask some questions:
Why is DES singled out, while things like HMAC-MD5 are not discouraged?
Why is there no algorithm diversity?
Why is HMAC-SHA-256 not there?

However, reading section 4 answered all of those questions, so I think it’s
clear. The only nit I can find is that “+” means “in the future this will be
more encouraged”, and “-“ means “in the future this will be less encouraged,
except for “SHOULD NOT+”. It might be more consistent if that was called
“SHOULD NOT-“. But that is nit-picking, as the text does explain what that
means.

Yoav