Great point. Puzzles a good tool that will be needed if/when ddos becomes
a serious issue. (I can't think of a silver bullet which will solve this)

They should also not be mandatory (with the option to be configurable as
per cookie notifications) as I would assume some hosts will never be able
to support these..

cheers