Hi Valery,

Going back to your original message (I guess not everyone read it to the end :-)

I don't understand how puzzles for IKE_AUTH can be mandatory without breaking the protocol. The responder doesn't even know that the initiator supports puzzles. At the very least, we would need to add a "puzzles supported" notification.

And again for IKE_AUTH, I don't see why with fragmentation you need one puzzle solution per fragment. The major CPU cost (DH computation, certificate stuff and decryption) comes once, after the message is re-assembled. So it seems to me only one puzzle response is needed for the entire message.

Thanks,
        Yaron