> On Mar 6, 2015, at 6:01 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:
>
> On Feb 26, 2015, at 2:11 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:
>> Greetings again. A few people have expressed interest in having
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305 as a WG item
>> for IPsecME. If you want this as a WG document, and you are willing to
>> review drafts as they move through, please say so on this thread. If you are
>> opposed to this being a WG document, please say so (and say why). Thanks in
>> advance.
>
> This got very little interest, which surprised me. Without a few more people
> who will commit to review the document and offer comments, we can't really
> call it a WG work item. Is there really so little interest in new algorithms
> that are being adopted in other protocols?
>
> If you are an IPsec implementer, it would be very useful to know whether or
> not you would support adding this algorithm to your implementation, and why.

Obviously I’m in favor of adoption, as I’m the author.

[vendor hat on]
If (when?) this becomes an RFC, Check Point will implement this, in all
likelihood this year or early next year.

I of course can’t promise dates or versions when this is delivered as a feature
in our product - that is more of a UI decision, and out of my hands.