On Feb 26, 2015, at 2:11 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:
> Greetings again. A few people have expressed interest in having > https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-ipsecme-chacha20-poly1305 as a WG > item for IPsecME. If you want this as a WG document, and you are willing > to review > drafts as they move through, please say so on this thread. > If you are opposed to this being a WG document, please say so (and say > why). Thanks in advance.

This got very little interest, which surprised me. Without a few more people
who will commit to review the document and offer comments, we can't really
call it a WG work item. Is there really so little interest in new algorithms that
are being adopted in other protocols?

If you are an IPsec implementer, it would be very useful to know whether or not you
would support adding this algorithm to your implementation, and why.

We (ELVIS-PLUS) will add this algorithm into our products
if it is widely deployed (with some definition of "widely").
And since the algorithm is popular it seems to be the case.

Anyway I'm in favour of adopting the document so that
we don't have interoperability problems in the future.

Valery.

--Paul Hoffman