Paul Wouters writes:
> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Yoav Nir wrote:
>
> > OK, so this thread kind of got side-tracked about the name of the
> > algorithm.  I think ENCR_CHACHA20_POLY1305 works for everybody.
> > What about early code point assignment?
>
> Just to confirm, yes please. As I said before, let's not have another
> twofish/serpent private use number in common use.

While we are still discussing whether having 32-bit or 64-bit length
fields in the mode, I think it is too early to allocate number for
chacha20 (see last comments on the list).

At least I want to make sure the draft is stable enough so that there
will NOT be any bits on the wire changes after we allocate the real
number. Before that it is better to use private numbers.