If you want to harden things, it would be better to do it much differently. If
we depend on cookie being at the end, we would be way too fragile.

IKEv1 started where payload order didn't matter and I still believe that should
remain true as much as possible.

It doesn't stop you from putting COOKIE at the end though.

Sent from my iPhone