On Sun, 3 Jul 2016, Paul Hoffman wrote:

On 3 Jul 2016, at 11:32, Paul Wouters wrote:

>  On Jul 3, 2016, at 21:08, Mark McFadden <markmcfad...@icc-uk.com> wrote:
> > A number of quantum-resistant asymmetric public key algorithms have been > proposed, e.g. NTRU, NewHope, McEliece, Super-singular isogeny > Diffie-Hellman.

 I thought NTRU was patent encumbered? Is that still the case? How about
 the others you mention?

 I agree asking CFRG for help would be a wise decision.

Isn't this kinda off-topic for the thread? I though we were first considering "create an IKEv2 extension that mixes in the PSK" as the simplest way to get around the "go back to IKEv1" guidance.

So that was not entire clear to me from the title, but it seems you are
right.

Perhaps we can change the title from:

                  Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2

to:

                Postquantum protection for IKEv2 Preshared Keys SA's

The original title to me reads like a "new feature" instead of like a
"fix for old feature".

Paul