3GPP is currently apopting ECDSA for all uses of IKEv2 (older releases
used RSA). My 3GPP SA3 colleagues (cc) have asked me to forward the
question below to the IPSec wg. As discussed in Buenos Aires, 3GPP and
IETF should coordinate more, I hope the IPSec wg can provide valuable
feedback.

Cheers,
John

Hi all,

I have a question regarding support of ECDSA and I hope to get some views
on this list.

3GPP has introduced ECDSA for IKEv2 in 3GPP specification TS 33.310 and is
now considering, which RFC should be adopted regarding ECDSA, RFC 4754 or
RFC 7427?

We basically would like to understand better what is the future for ECDSA
and RSA authentication and especially if there is information on what is
the deployment status of RFC4754 and RFC7427.

Any views on this would be appreciated.

Br, Vesa Lehtovirta