Hi Tommy,

> Hi Valery,
>
> Thanks for bringing this up again. Would you be interested in making this
an
> RFC8229bis instead? I think it would be most useful for an implementer to
fold
> some of these clarifications into the main text itself. How do you feel
about
> that?

I'd be happy to do it. I also think that a -bis document is more useful.
The reason that this draft is not a rfc8229bis is that one and half
year ago it was a general feeling that more experience need to be
collected before -bis document should be issued. Now it is almost
3 years since rfc8229 is published, I agree that it's probably time to start
preparing -bis.

One concern is the current WG charter -
it seems to me that it only allows
clarification document and not a -bis.
It is a question to our chairs and AD - are
we allowed to proceed with rfc8229bis document
with the current charter text or should we update it
and ask for re-chartering?

Regards,
Valery.

(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smyslov-ipsecme-tcp-guidelines/).