Hi,

On 2022-8-24, at 2:08, Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org> wrote:
> How about we add the text "This MUST NOT be used when full admin control over
> the network cannot be assured."?

"full admin control" is a necessary prerequisite to mitigate/manage issues, but
not a solution in itself.

This CBR ESP tunnel is basically identical to a CBR pseudowire. There was quite
a bit of work/discussion between PWE3 and various transport groups in the past
that resulted in a set of guidance on how such pseudowires are safe to deploy.
This guidance needs to be adopted here as well (or we'll need a much longer
discussion on what alternative guidance could look like and why.)

Thanks,
Lars