As with DNR, I definitely think we should be using the wire format here (for
communicating on the wire). The IKE option here would carry the binary format
for the parameters, and it doesn’t require the IKE implementation to do any
parsing, etc on that.

Since it looks like there’s good consensus on the DNR side in the ADD WG, I
think the most important thing to do is ensure the same format is used for IKE
as is used elsewhere. For DDR, DNR, and this IKE extension, they should all use
the same format, whether the information is in a DNS packet, a DHCP packet, or
an IKE packet.

Thanks,
Tommy