De : IPsec <ipsec-boun...@ietf.org> De la part de Ben Schwartz
Envoyé : jeudi 5 octobre 2023 15:50
À : BOUCADAIR Mohamed INNOV/NET <mohamed.boucad...@orange.com>; Tommy Pauly
<tpa...@apple.com>; Paul Wouters <p...@nohats.ca>
Cc : ipsec@ietf.org; Valery Smyslov <s...@elvis.ru>; ipsecme-...@ietf.org;
ipsecme-cha...@ietf.org; Dan Wing <d...@danwing.org>; Tirumaleswar Reddy
<kond...@gmail.com>
Objet : Re: [IPsec] SvcParams encoding (was RE: AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9464
<draft-ietf-ipsecme-add-ike-14> for your review)

In general, IKE and DHCP CPEs shouldn't be manually configured with DNS
SvcParams.  These SvcParams are adjustable metadata under the control of the
DNS server operator, which may change its configuration over time (adding or
removing protocols and endpoints, etc.).  Instead, the CPE should securely
fetch the SvcParams periodically from the DNS operator.

If manual configuration in human-readable form is necessary, the CPE should
embed a completely standard SvcParams implementation, exactly as used in a DNS
server.  Requiring a special SvcParams implementation with IKE/DNR-specific
features (like a special set of keys) seems likely to make updates slower, not
faster.

--Ben Schwartz