Steffen Klassert <steffen.klass...@secunet.com> wrote:
    > That said, if we want to transmit the 64-bit sequence number
    > in ESP, I'd prefer to transmit the upper 32-bits before
    > the lower 32-bits. That's easier on the imlementation side.

My naive notions about cache-line optimizations, I'd think that one could
start the replay-window check based upon the lower-32-bits, while waiting for
the upper-32-bits to load, in order to validate the upper-32-bits are as
expected.
For that 1/2^32 situation where the upper-bits roll, then one takes a
!unlikely().

I guess the bigger proceedural question is how do we get early feedback from
hardware designers.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-                      *I*LIKE*TRAINS*