On 12.02.15, 10.58, "Bjørn Mork" <bj...@mork.no> wrote:

>As Steinar pointed out: You can help speeding up the process by enabling
>native IPv6 access for as many as possible (all?) of your subscribers
>today.
>
>I am sure you know that you can't completely skip the dual-stack phase,
>and that's what you need to tell your manager. Sorry, but an opt-in 6RD
>service isn't going to make IPv4 go away.  You need to force enable
>dual-stack access for as many users as you can.  And if you dream about
>doing IPv6 only, then 6RD isn't going to do, is it?  You need to roll
>out native IPv6 access, and you need to do that before you can even
>think about dropping IPv4.

My point exactly, and we are in the process of doing DS, but it needs a
major network revamping. However, we have started this rollout, and will
enable DS as soon as possible.

>Any delay in your dual-stack rollout translates directly to increased
>cost of buying IPv4 addresses because it delays the magic cutoff day
>when you can start selling IPv4 access as an opional add-on service.

Sure, but this requires our product department to look at IPv4 as legacy
and stop caring about customers who do gaming and have their own servers
and such.

/Ragnar