On 13/02/15 14:22, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 02:12:31PM +0000, Phil Mayers wrote:
As above, depends on how they're using the socket API. As a rule for
UDP connections, you actually have to put *more* work in to see ICMP
errors. It's certainly possible to ignore them.

FWIW, at least on Linux, if you keep doing send() on an UDP connection where
the other end sends ICMP destination unreachable, you'll get errors back
(ECONNREFUSED) eventually, although typically not on every packet you send.

Quite right, sorry - I'm forgetting that. Whether the app code even *look* at the return value of send() on a UDP socket is another matter ;o)

I'd hope NAT traversing apps will know to ignore this, at least during setup.