Hi Eduard,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 1:18 AM Vasilenko Eduard
<vasilenko.edu...@huawei.com> wrote:

> There is a much bigger problem than the hassle with RIPE formalities and fees.
> It is the size of the Internet table.
> If just businesses would get PA addresses (GUA) then all routers on the
> Internet would need a 30M routing table (30x from now, routers now have 1-4M
> now)
> If subscribers would join this club then the Internet table should grow to
> 2B. It is impossible even for 2100 year.
> Good chances that the world would revert back to IPv4 NAT under such
> circumstances because IPv6 would just crash.
>
> Stability ("no renumbering") should be achieved by ULA. No choice.

Can you explain why so many small and medium sized businesses would
want unique stable addresses?

I can see the need in large, managed networks but my experience of
networks in small and medium sized organisations is that there is no
systematic management of any kind at all. They just plug stuff in and
expect it to work.

Regards,

Leo