On 11. 12. 23 08:49, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) via ipv6-wg wrote:
> A colleague of mine showed me
> https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET6-2630-2
> <https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET6-2630-2>, i.e., a /16 allocated by
> ARIN to Capital One (AFAIK a US bank).
>
> Of course, this may be a tool bug, or a human encoding mistake, else I
> will start to fear an IPv6 addresses exhaustion in the future (only
> 2**13 of /16 out of 2000::/3).

We just had this discussion at APWG session at RIPE87 meeting in Roma -
we could start doing allocations just on the nibble boundaries,
therefore if they can prove that they have 512 million *connected*
customers to which they plan to delegate a prefix of /48 - then they can
have /16 :)

But I doubt that a bank will ever have that number of connected
customers (not just customers with the bank account ;) )...

Cheers, Jan