Pekka,

I believe RFC 2993 actually covers all the issues (including the one
of VPNs between RFC 1918 sites, especially in section 7.6).

Given how difficult it was to get that RFC published, I wonder if it
is worth the effort of writing what would efefctively be the same
document, but with an emphasis on ambiguity instead of translation.

   Brian