Dave,

You're simply wrong.  The scenarios I described are things that
applications do today using IP addresses as endpoint identifiers,
extrapolated to the world where DNS names are used instead.

I won't claim that it's impossible to use DNS names for endpoint
identifiers.  I do claim, and have explained in detail, why:

- using existing DNS names is a bad idea (due to overloading)
- using the DNS lookup system is a bad idea (due to performance issues)

You have the habit of dismissing anything that you don't understand as
irrelevant.  This is just another example.  Frankly it's getting old.

Keith