On Tuesday 14 October 2003 11:36, Jeroen Massar wrote:

I agree with you Jeroen,  I misunderstood the following phrase:

> And that is only queries, you don't want to know how many RFC1918
> sourced addresses they are dropping, can't send an icmp back now can you :)

I was thinking that you were talking about packets with
"src=global dest=private", and I just wanted to note that ICMP error
packets are sent with "src=<output_iface>, dest=global".

I see private addressing is a really bad idea, and I quite agree with
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-site-local-01.txt

See you and thanks again !

--
JFRH