On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Dave Thaler wrote:
> Forwarding this announcement to the most relevant WG's...
>
> RFC 2667, entitled "IP Tunnel MIB", only supported
> point-to-point tunnels over IPv4.  This draft updates
> RFC 2667 to also support tunnels over IPv6, as well as
> tunnels which aren't just point-to-point (e.g. 6to4).
> It also clarifies the use of the ifRcvAddressTable
> for all tunnels.
>
> It uses the InetAddress types like the other MIBs
> that have been done by the IPv6MIB Design Team.

Thanks Dave.

Two very high-level comments.

An obvious oversight (or intentional one :-) is that I see an IANA
registry being created, but no guidance on how new values should be added
to it (IETF Consensus, Standards Action, FCFS, etc.)

Also, it was not clear which WG you intend to run this through officially.
I'm assuming ifmib. (Just trying to figure out what will be the role of
v6ops WG in this process..)

Pekka

>       Title           : IP Tunnel MIB
>       Author(s)       : D. Thaler
>       Filename        : draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt
>       Pages           : 26
>       Date            : 2003-10-14
>
> This memo defines a Management Information Base (MIB) for use with
> network management protocols in the Internet community.  In
> particular, it describes managed objects used for managing tunnels
> of any type over IPv4 and IPv6 networks.  Extension MIBs may be
> designed for managing protocol-specific objects. Likewise,
> extension MIBs may be designed for managing security-specific
> objects.  This MIB does not support tunnels over non-IP networks.
> Management of such tunnels may be supported by other MIBs.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thaler-inet-tunnel-mib-00.txt
[...]