> Thanks Suresh & Niels, the left question for me is can both IPv4 and IPv6
> addresses can be acquired by one DNS request?
> I know that the AAAA RFC says that the response  by the DNS server should
> include the IPv4 addresses in the additianal information field. Can I rely
> on this?

        Actually RFC3565 does NOT say to return A records in the
        additional section in response to AAAA queries.

        It does say that both AAAA and A records should be returned
        if additional section processing would have previously
        returned just A record

        Mark

> Shuki
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]