> To address the following issue for rfc2462bis:
>
>       There is conflict with the Multicast Listener Discovery
>       specification about random delay for the first packet. The address
>       autoconfiguration requires a random delay for a DAD packet if it
>       is the first packet from the node, but an MLD report packet should
>       usually be sent before the DAD packet.
>
> I've added the following paragraph to Section 5.4.2:

>    It should be noted that the Neighbor Solicitation is usually not the
>    first message. As stated above, the sending node must join the
>    solicited-node multicast address prior to sending the Neighbor
>    Solicitation and an MLD report message [9] for the multicast address
>    should have been sent at that time. Unfortunately, RFC 2710 [9] does
>    not request a random delay to avoid race conditions. Thus, if the
>    sending node interpreted the "first message" literally, it would not
>    impose a delay for the MLD report or for the Neighbor Solicitation,
>    making the race conditions worse. This document therefore suggests
>    the following workaround: even if the Neighbor Solicitation is not
>    the first message, the same random delay should be imposed when the
>    sending node knows the Neighbor Solicitation can be synchronized with
>    other nodes. This includes the first Neighbor Solicitation after the
>    MLD report message in the above case.

This is silly! I thought the reason for the random delay was to
prevent simultaneus packet sending of all hosts on the link, if they
boot up at same time (for example after power fail).

Now, this MLD report is going to be collided (mostly lost anyway),
because every node is sending on the link at same time.

If you are not delaying the MLD, there is really no point in delaying
the DAD either...