> I've submitted a new revision of the rfc2462bis draft:
> draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-00.txt

on the issue of DAD and loopback suppression outlined in appendix A.

I've seen a couple of cases in the past where DAD packets could be
looped back by the network. this could happen if there is a temporary
loop in a bridged network. I've also seen it where parallel links are
used between two boxes, e.g Etherchannel.

this is something which is very difficult to solve with the current
spec. the only alternative is to filter out DAD packets with the same
link-layer address as the receiving interface. stopping duplicate MAC
address checking from working.

one solution could be to add a optional identifier option to DAD NS
packets, so that the sender can recognise the case when its own
packets are looped around.

too big a change for 2462bis?

/ot