As we are seeing in the multi-addressing discussions in multi6,
there is indeed strong pressure from applications people against
apps having to know anything at all about address selection.
This becomes even more true when you get into Java land.

So while this API is probably harmless, I agree with Francis
its applicability is very limited. In fact, I would be tempted to
argue for it becoming Experimental. However, I think it is perfectly
valid for it to become a WG draft.

  Brian