> As we are seeing in the multi-addressing discussions in multi6,
> there is indeed strong pressure from applications people against
> apps having to know anything at all about address selection.
> This becomes even more true when you get into Java land.
>
> So while this API is probably harmless, I agree with Francis
> its applicability is very limited. In fact, I would be tempted to
> argue for it becoming Experimental. However, I think it is perfectly
> valid for it to become a WG draft.

The draft in question doesn't look at multiple addresses of the same
type/properties, such as multiple prefixes in the case of multihoming.

The draft is about being able to choose between things like temporary and
public addresses, which is something which users/applications might care
about. And this is orthogonal to the multihoming aspects.

  Erik