Hi,
        unreliable flooding of control/routing packets is a long standing
problem in the MANET working group [1]. Recently the MANET working group
formed a design team that will tackle this problem among others that arise
when extending OSPF for wireless media.  AFAIK, their design will be
IP-v4/IP-v6 agnostic.

There have been several reliable multicast mechanisms discussed on MANET,
but none have been written up as an Internet Draft yet. If the IP-v6 ND
requirements were well defined, one could pick one of them as the reliable
IP-v6 link-local multicast mechanism.

hth,
        George

[1] refer to the April 8th 2004 MANET working group thread with the
Subject line entitled: " Comments on "Problem Statement for OSPF
Extensions ..." for more background.