FYI, attached below are comments on
draft-ietf-ipv6-scoping-arch-01.txt from the IESG.  I'm going to
propose resolutions in separate messages, copying to each reviewer.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Begin Message ---

Hi Jinmei,

I think that you are the current editor of draft-ietf-ipv6-scoping-arch-01.txt? If not, please let me know who is editing this document.

I have attached a list of comments from IESG review of this document. The only blocking comments is Steve Bellovin's but the other comments should be considered, as well. Also, the document does not have a table of contents, which is required for any document this long.

Please update the document to address these issues and let me know when a new version is available.

Thanks,
Margaret

Steve Bellovin:
Discuss:
[2004-07-06] The Security Considerations section should note that the ambiguity of addresses means that unqualified source IP addresses cannot safely be used in security contexts such as ACLs or IKE negotiation.

Comment:
[2004-07-06] The discussion of convex routing in Section 5 should probably note that tunneled links are excluded from the prohibition.

Ted Hardie:
Comment:
[2004-07-08] In Section 6:

A tunnel interface (e.g., the abstract endpoint of an IPv6-over-IPv6 tunnel [8], presumably established over either the Ethernet or the point-to-point link.)

COMMENT:  In general, this is a very helpful example.  I would
suggest, though, that defining the tunnel interface as established
over the Ethernet might help illustrate the point that it gets
its own link-local zone, where two interfaces to the same Ethernet
link do not.  Not strictly necessary, but it would be a good opportunity
to make the point.

Scott Hollenbeck:
Comment:
[2004-07-01] A table of contents would be helpful. The I-D checklist says one is required for documents longer than 15 pages.

Bert Wijnen:
Comment:
[2004-07-08]
This formulation (towards bottom of page 6) sounds/feels a bit strange:
  dedicated purpose.  An entry of a Management Information Base (MIB)
  will be an example of the dedicated purpose.  The actual
Not sure what "An entry of a .. (MIB)" is.
Maybe a better sentence might be

  Usage of the index to identify an entry in the Management Information
  Base (MIB) is an example of the dedicated purpose.

--- End Message ---