Hi Peter,
   Remembering the creation time is not mandatory. It is just one way of
satisfying the constraints. The node can use any other means if it so
desires.
  If you are worried about renumbering issues you can set a
lower value for TEMP_VALID_LIFETIME and TEMP_PREFERRED_LIFETIME. An RA
extending the lifetimes of a temporary address can NEVER extend it past
the values you set in these variables. i.e. These values serve as a ceiling
for the lifetimes of a temporary address. Would that address your
renumbering issues?

Thanks
Suresh