<WG Chair hat off>

I see two issues with making a change to the hash algorithm.

First, changing the algorithm will not affect interoperability.  The
generation of the IID is local to each node.

Second, we are attempting to move this document from PS to
DS, so making a gratuitous change to the hash algorithm is not
usually favored.  In addition, will we change it again when a newer
algorithm comes along?

Perhaps an alternative, if people feel a need to move away from
MD5, would be to not specify a single hash, but rather give a list
of possible hashes.  And an informative pointer to RFC 1750
would help with this direction.

Other thoughts?

Regards,
Brian