On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 09:49:27AM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> RFC 3595 - Textual Conventions for IPv6 Flow Label refers to:
> "IPv6FlowLabelOrAny ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
>        DISPLAY-HINT  "d"
>        STATUS         current
>        DESCRIPTION   "The flow identifier or Flow Label in an IPv6
>                       packet header that may be used to discriminate
>                       traffic flows.  The value of -1 is used to
>                       indicate a wildcard, i.e. any value.
>                      "
>        SYNTAX         Integer32 (-1 | 0..1048575)"
>
> Here, I have a little problem as follows:
> How does flow label value represent -1?

The flow label in an IPv6 packet does not represent -1. The TC
is called IPv6FlowLabelOrAny and the -1 stands for "any"; a special
value which is used to indicate that any flow label value is matched
in say a filter expression. If you want to represent a flow label
alone, use the IPv6FlowLabel TC defined in the same RFC.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder               International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>     P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany