In your previous mail you wrote:

   On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 17:24 +0100, Francis Dupont wrote:

   > So IMHO the only useful answer we can get from this discussion is about
   > this day, i.e., are there used implementations today which don't support
   > the "two sockets for a server with IPV6_V6ONLY set when it exists"
   > (i.e., [EMAIL PROTECTED] but universal) coding style?

   The problem here is that there are a number of older implementations that
   don't support the flag

=> this does not matter because of conditional compilation.

   and there is no way of turning the v4-mapped support
   off unless you downgrade.

=> there is no need of turning the v4-mapped support off if the
second/to-0.0.0.0 bind() can fail safely.

   Then again, upgrading is nowadays quite a normal cycle...

=> I know but this does not help to get an answer to my question.

Regards

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS: BTW IMHO the Symbian API implements an abstract "IPv6 is a new version
of the Internet protocol". I have only a little concern because it
implements too "the network protocol is the Internet protocol" (:-)!