Back in 2003 we discussed an I-D I wrote that defines precisely the
textual representation of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.  There was then a
lull in proceedings, and I then dropped out of the WG for health reasons,
so it's turned into quite an extended lull.  Bob Hinden has now prodded
me to get things proceeding again.

I've published a new version of the I-D:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-main-ipaddr-text-rep-02.txt

I'd like this to be adopted as an official IPv6 WG document, and
eventually published as a standards-track RFC.  I'm not clear on what
the process for this is, so can someone please explain what the next
steps are?

-zefram