> On Apr 6, 2005, at 6:36 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
>
> >     Getting back to unicast initiated sessions I would still
> >     like to see some mechanism (as low in the stack as possible)
> >     which would allow long running session to survive routing
> >     changes.
>
> You're speaking in this thread. Did you take a look at the proposal
> that Eric Nordmark, I, and the grow folks have discussed about a
> care-of-address that would give a long term fixed address to the server
> in question? Answering that question is where we started out.

        care-of-address would be overkill for somethings and
        quite a reasonable solution for others.  If it could be
        made selectable on a per/socket basis (I havn't looked
        at how implemetation do this at present) I suspect this
        will meet most of what would be required.

        In other words we would not want to do this for DNS/UDP but
        for DNS/TCP it would be acceptable even though it would only
        be really required for long running AXFR's (multi-megabyte).