On 7 Apr 2005, at 12:23, Fred Baker wrote:

My problem is that the current text precludes the grow work. I am not trying to specify it; I am trying to permit it.

Remind me what Brian's original text proposal was?

In my note to the IESG, I requested that the following text in draft-ietf-ipv6-addr-arch-v4-02 be simply removed from section 2.6:

There is little experience with widespread, arbitrary use of Internet
anycast addresses, and some known complications and hazards when
using them in their full generality [ANYCST]. Until more experience
has been gained and solutions are specified, the following
restrictions are imposed on IPv6 anycast addresses:

o An anycast address must not be used as the source address of an
IPv6 packet.

      o An anycast address must not be assigned to an IPv6 host, that
        is, it may be assigned to an IPv6 router only.

Brian's note, which quotes draft-jabley-v6-anycast-clarify-00, is below.

Joe